For the first time in three years, Michigan will once again have a State Fair. The 2012 Great Lakes State Fair will be taking place this Labor Day weekend at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi.
The State Fair will feature
- Michigan Pavilion featuring Michigan made products
- Livestock and agriculture areas with large indoor arena
- Local Americana / Country live entertainment
- Beer garden featuring Michigan breweries
- Large Midway with tons of games and rides
- Local and national merchandise and concessions vendors
- The Detroit Shriners mini circus
The Great Lakes State Fair will run at the Suburban Collection Showplace from Friday, August 31 through Monday, September 3, 2012. The family-focused event will be jam-packed with all the typical excitement of previous State Fairs, including animals, agriculture, Michigan-made products, food and beverages, entertainment, a midway and carnival rides. The Great Lakes State Fair has also partnered with the Shriners to hold The Detroit Shrine Circus under The Big Top during the fair, with tickets included in the all-inclusive admission price.
Community EMS will be providing First Aid and Emergency Response services during the fair.
More information can be found at the Great Lakes State Fair Website.